Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Story: From Fat to Fab

I am no dietitian. I am no expert on fitness. But I have my own personal story.
       In 2009 is when my journey began. It was the end of my freshman year of college. I was 18 years old, weighing 181.7 pounds. People always say your first year of college="FRESHMAN FIFTEEN"..haha yeahhh more like "FRESHMAN FIFTY"! I always had issues with my appearance, and at this time in my life it was really bad. I no longer liked who I was. I wanted to change, but I had no clue how. I knew about the gym, the fad diets, etc. but where do I start? I never believed in diet pills; I always believed hard work really pays off where it is due. Well, at the Workout Company in Raceland a new weight loss competition for the summer was coming up. It was called "Biggest Loser on the Bayou". Locals gathered, made teams, and competed (like Biggest Loser on TV) to lose weight. Fortunately, my best friend's mom asked me to join her team.
 I could not pass up the offer. I was so embarrassed to be exercising in front of people..and even worse..WEIGHING IN in front of them! I was so worried about what all these people would think of me. But the truth is, people are happy for you--proud of you--so many different emotions are soaring because you are being CONFIDENT and taking a better step towards your health.
The program started in May and ended in July. With a lot of hard core exercising and a strict diet, I managed to lose 25 pounds. That's A LOT of weight (for a girl) to lose in such a short period of time. Once the competition was over, I slowly started to develop my old eating habits again. Before I knew it my weight was back up to 170-ish. I was eating fast food all the time; it seemed so convenient because I live life on-the-go. In August of 2010 I finally got some motivation back. My mom bought me "INSANITY" for my 20th birthday. Insanity is a high cardio workout--SUPER INTENSE! They don't call it Insanity for nothing. I started the DVD's right away, but  I didn't remain consistent with it until January 2011. That's when my life changed completely..for the better!

January 2011- I had an amazing workout partner, Josie Plaisance. We pushed eachother to  the limit. Just when I thought I couldn't go anymore.. I pushed a little bit harder. Also, my boyfriend I was dating at the time helped motivate me because of his passion for fitness.
February 2011- I was becoming a workout gu-ru. There was just one thing I didn't understand..WHY I COULDN'T GET MY EATING HABITS UNDER CONTROL!? I just couldn't bring myself to watch what I was eating.. I just wanted to eat, eat, eat---alllllll of the time! Well guess what? I discovered this cool, nifty little app called "MyFitnessPal". If you don't have it, you should. It is phenomenal! Once I started portioning my food, the weight just melted off of me!
March 2011- It was like one day I was 170 something pounds and the next I was in my 150's!! I lost 30 pounds :) I swear I felt like a whole new person. My confidence started boosting! The compliments I received were the biggest reward to me. I never felt so amazing in my life. I submitted my before and after pictures to Insanity. No sooner than I submitted them, they wanted to hear my story because of the success I had!

April 2011-NOW- I've kept the 30 pounds off, and I've lost 20 more. I now weigh 130 pounds. I go to the gym almost every single day. I like to try to go to 5am classes. For Christmas, my mom bought me the new Insanity called Asylum. I try to incorporate that into my workout routine as much as possible. I eat the minimum of 1200 calories a day and I allow myself to splurge whenever I feel it's necessary.

NOW..THE REASON I CREATED THIS BLOG!----Most people don't think they can do it..or all their lives they've been told "Ohhh, you're just big boned"! Well that's bullshit. I was always told that and obesity runs in my family. YOU and only YOU can take control of YOUR life. Don't let what you see in your family history put a label on who you are. It's never too late to change unless you're on your death bed. Each day is a new one. I hope to update my blog weekly, if not more with helpful tips, recipes, advice, etc to motive people to get up off the couch and do something. I may not be able to change the WHOLE world and make it healthy, but I can atleast do it one person at a time and start a chain reaction. Feel free to email me, call me, anything with questions-comments-or concerns. And if I help you at all, PLEASE let me know! I love the encouragement! Soo with that said, STAY TUNED ;)
AND WHILE YOU ARE "STAYING TUNED" BREAK OUT YOUR CAMERA AND TAKE A BEFORE PICTURE OF YOURSELF! YOUR LIFE IS ABOUT TO CHANGE BEFORE YOUR EYES!

3 comments:

  1. I love it girl! You have done an amazing job and you look incredible. I may need some of your motivation lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I tried figuring out how to email you, but I cant seem to figure it out. i was really hoping you could help me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey my email is daniepoole7@gmail.com ! sorry, I don't guess I figured out how to display that.

    ReplyDelete